NEW BLOG! NEW BLOG! Because this blog is no longer updated, be sure to check out the new one for most recent work http://www.christinearmbruster.com/blog

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Graveyard of the Dead 1992-1995


There is a graveyard on the north side of Sarajevo specifically for those who died in the recent civil war. I don't know the story correctly, so I won't tell it, but it is a graveyard specifically for either the Christian Orthodox of Serbia or the Catholics of Croatia. I'm not sure, but what I do know is the graveyard is quite large with over probably a thousand tombstones. And that was just for those who could make it to a graveyard to bury those they love, there are plenty of tombstones in every patch of grass you see in the city and out. And that is what I do know.

No comments: