NEW BLOG! NEW BLOG! Because this blog is no longer updated, be sure to check out the new one for most recent work http://www.christinearmbruster.com/blog

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Feira Internacional de Arte

Yesterday I went to Feira Internacional de Arte (FIART), an annual art show in the Palacio de Bellas Artes. It was supposed to open yesterday morning at 9, but when I went at 11:30, they were still setting up. So I wandered around and got the opportunity to talk to artists from Peru, Colombia, and CUBA while there were stretching canvases and hanging their work. My article plus photo essay is here if you want to check it out.

Palacio de Bellas Artes, Santo Domingo

Paul Cabezas, Peru

Sleeping security man, Dominican Republic

Elvira Moreno Gonzalez y Juan Carlos Moreno, Colombia


Ulises BretaƱa, CUBA

kind of a big deal and I am mildly in love with his stuff, very Al Magnus. Look at it here

1 comment:

girl with freckles said...

I love the sleeping security man. :). Nice shots. I'm glad they're keeping you busy there in the DR!