NEW BLOG! NEW BLOG! Because this blog is no longer updated, be sure to check out the new one for most recent work http://www.christinearmbruster.com/blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

[Non] Fiction

Before going to Sarajevo, I had an idea in my head of what it would be like. It went something along the lines of carnivals, Beirut playing in the mountains, and Gogol Bordello following me down the street along with other gypsies tagging along. I know I was crazy, but I still had the little hope that Sarajevo would really be like that. It is founded a lot off of this Serbian 1998 film titled Black Cat, White Cat in which, basically all of the above happens. [Note: Serbia and Bosnia are neighbors, once together under the name of Yugoslavia] I knew that it was only a movie, but still having hope as I did find a carnival and get followed by gypsies and accordions and to top the cake, this man asked me to photograph him and it looks like a scene from the film. So perhaps I wasn't completely crazy for thinking the way I did.

No comments: