NEW BLOG! NEW BLOG! Because this blog is no longer updated, be sure to check out the new one for most recent work http://www.christinearmbruster.com/blog

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Blueberry Apricot Salad [Home-grown, Home-made]


I decided that I should maybe learn how to cook. Belonging to a community garden as well as having many plants of my own in my yard, plus Provo's Saturday Farmer's Market, I have a lot of fresh produce that I should eat. Another summer goal, besides learning how to cook, is taking more food photographs. Fortunately for me, they go hand in hand.

This salad was really easy, the trick for me was the salad dressing because I had never made one before. I'm a novice...so it's simple, but tasty.


Blueberry Apricot Salad:
[toss]
a variety of lettuce.
kale.
chard.
blueberries.
fresh (and/or dried) apricots.

Blueberry Dressing:
[blend]
1 cup white wine vinegar.
1/4 cup sugar.
a handful of blueberries.


The lettuce from this salad came from a community garden as well as a friend's private garden. The apricot's from a friend's tree. The blueberries from the farmer's market.

No comments: