NEW BLOG! NEW BLOG! Because this blog is no longer updated, be sure to check out the new one for most recent work http://www.christinearmbruster.com/blog

Thursday, August 6, 2009

The barefooted horse.


I normally don't post pictures of animals. Very rarely will you see a posting of an animal unless it looks something like this shaggy horse. I don't know why, but there is just something I don't like about animal photography (perhaps because many think that a cute puppy equals a great photo) but there is definitely something I like about this horse. He was a scrawny horse at a little camp at the base of the mountain that hosts the Dominican Republic's largest waterfall: Salto del Limon. I loved the way his wavy hair fell into his eyes and the shy sadness he carried as he walked around unshoed, much like the barefoot guides that helped us get through the jungle to the falls.

No comments: